What is Forest Schools?
Forest School is a child-centred learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth in a natual enviroment with trees; our school grounds and woodlands offer the perfect space!
The process helps and facilitates more than knowledge-gathering, it helps learners develop socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and intellectually. It creates a safe, non-judgemental nurturing environment for learners to try stuff out and take risks.
Forest School inspires a deep and meaningful connection to the world and an understanding of how a learner fits within it. Our approach to risk means that learners constantly expand on their abilities by solving real-world issues, building self-belief and resilience. We believe that risk is more than just potential for physical harm, but a more holistic thing, there are risks in everything we do, and we grow by overcoming them.
Forest School therefore, helps participants to become, healthy, resilient, creative and independent learners.
Our core beliefs are that learners are all:
• equal, unique and valuable
• competent to explore & discover
• entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
• entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
• entitled to experience regular success
• entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
• entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
What Forect School activties have the children of Eccleston Mere enjoyed?