Year 3 2020 - 2021
Members of Staff:
- Miss Wright/Mrs Cardiff (Teacher), AM Miss Tynan (1:1 LSA) PM Mr. Akehurst (1:1 LSA).
- Miss Dobbs (Teacher), AM Mr. Akehurst (1:1 LSA) PM Mrs Barker (1:1 LSA).
Across both classes on Wednesday and Thursday of each week: Mrs Coombes (LSA).
- Homework is given out each Friday. It will consist of one piece of Mathematics or one piece of English. Please make sure this is returned to class by the following Wednesday!
- Spellings are handed out on a Friday and the children will be tested on these the following Friday.
Home Learning Challenges:
- Practise your times tables each day to encourage instant recall of random timestables questions. Focus on 2,5,10,3,4 and 8. Don’t forget that you can use Times Tables Rockstars!
- Read a book of your choice with somebody at home each day for at least 20 minutes! Children can select their own reading matter but we would encourage them to explore quality texts that cover a variety of genres eg. fiction, non-fiction, poetry, classics, newspapers etc.
-You will find the lists of Common Exception Words and Statutory Spelling lists for Year 3/4 attached. If you could start looking at the words with your child, this would be really helpful for them. Activities like playing snap with the words written on cards, or playing a memory game with a few words at at time, can really help children to absorb them.
PE is on Wednesdays for both classes.
Please ensure that your child comes to school in their PE kit on the designated PE day. Please refer to Uniform guidance for PE kit requirements.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display